GSSC offers two types of memberships for new members:
- Equity Share Membership: Equity member certificate holders are entitled to full use of the Club facilities and programs. In addition, certificate holders can be elected to the Board of Directors and have voting rights at all general membership meetings.
- Seasonal (Provisional) Membership: We are not currently offering Provisional Memberships.
Membership Purchase Details
If you are offered a membership a signed agreement must be signed and payment in-full is required by day 7 after the initial offer is made, per our bylaws, which includes the current Membership Share price and current yearly dues. If the purchase is not completed in those 7 days, the membership will be offered to the next applicant on the wait list.
- Our current membership share price can be found in in the chart below. This fee and all others are subject to review yearly and may change while you are on the wait list. This is a one-time fee for new members, refundable per our bylaws if you wish to sell your membership at a later time.
- Annual dues can be found in the chart below. If you purchase your membership during the open pool season (May-September) you’ll pay your annual dues at the time of your membership purchase, based on a graduated fee schedule that considers the amount of time left in the season. If you purchase a membership in the off season, we do not require you to pay annual dues until the April 15th deadline.
Should you decline an offer to purchase a membership but wish to remain on the wait list, you may defer to the following season by paying a $50 non-refundable deferment fee and filling out a deferral form. By deferring you retain your position on the list until next season. Each person on the waitlist is allowed 1 deferment until they must either purchase a membership or be removed from the waitlist. Deferment does not guarantee an offer will be made to you the following season. It only retains your current place on the list. It is important to check where you are currently at on the list before making this decision as there may be several people who have deferred prior to your offer. If you wish to defer, this must also be completed within 7 days after the initial offer.
Also of note:
- We require that each membership perform four hours of maintenance work yearly at the club or pay a maintenance fee which is currently $100 but subject to change on a yearly basis. Per your member contract, these fees are part of your membership dues and must be completed and/or paid in full by October 15th of the current year, in order to maintain good standing of your membership per our bylaws. If the hours are not worked and payment is not received, you will be issued a $25 late fee per month that they are not paid.
- Under NO circumstances can GSSC memberships be rented to nonmembers and may not be put on hold.
- Team participation or lessons require a fee payment.
- The pool opens in May, the date is determined by the pool manager and the board, and closes in mid-September. Subject to change if staff is not available. Pool hours vary day-to-day and change during the season. We post a schedule in the pool office, on this Web site, on our private Facebook page, as well as it being emailed it to all members in advance of the season’s opening.
- Non-members may sign up for swim lessons during the season based on availability after members sign up. Lesson registration and information is available in the pool office.
Membership is currently full. We are currently updating our waitlist. Once updated, we will post a link for viewing. Thank you for your patience!
2023 GSSC Fees
All fees are subject to change.
Lesson and Sport Fees
|$150 each child per sport
|Tennis Team *
|$150 each child per sport
|Dive and Water Polo Teams*
|$150 each child per sport
|Saturday Swim Lessons
|Swim, Dive or Tennis Lessons
|Masters Swim Lessons
* $25 per month will be added for late payment.
** The Tennis key fee is a one time, non-refundable payment, required along with a signed contract. If the key is not returned upon termination or sale of your membership, you will be a assessed the full facility rekeying fee of $250.00 from your membership share.
|Extended Stay Pass
Login to your account to make payments of annual dues (by April 15) and/or the maintenance fee (if needed)
PRICES BELOW INCLUDE TAX
|Standard Dues with work party discount
|Standard Dues without work party discount
(add $100.00 maintenance fee)
|One-time Equity Share Membership Fee
|Seasonal (Provisional) Membership
(2 year limit)
|Current Annual Dues
(Due annually by April 15th)
Annual Honorary Dues, 1/4th of current season dues
|Maintenance Fee *
(Due annually by October 15)
|$100.00 (or 4 hours work)
* $25 per month will be added for late payment for dues and maintenance fees.
Pool Rental Fees for Parties or Large Gatherings
Read information on this topic.
|51 and up
|Up to 3 Hours:
(After hours rental)
** Sales Tax Ruling. The State of Washington now recognizes our swim club, and others like it in the area, as a fitness club. That type of business is subject to sales tax on dues. However, a social club (which we consider ourselves) would not have to pay sales tax on dues. On January 28, 2009, an appeals court judge ruled on this issue and provided guidance. The State now recognizes us as both a social club and a fitness club. As such, a portion of our membership dues, maintenance fees, and sales of memberships are subject to sales tax. Your membership dues statement will reflect this change. Feel free to contact the club’s president with any questions.