Team Suit & Caps
2022 Swim & Dive Team suits are available now and available to purchase through May 20. Team suits are not mandatory. Each swimmer will be provided with a swim cap. If you should lose yours, swim caps will be available in the office for $5 each.
Gregory Seahurst Dive Team
The GSSC Dive team is a fun and competitive summer program in association with the South Seattle Summer Dive League. The summer dive program is always a wonderful opportunity for our youth to get outside and participate in a recreational sport, to learn and practice sportsmanship, to make new friends and spend time with old ones.
What makes GSSC Dive Team so special?
We take great pride in our club and celebrate the individual & team accomplishments for our kids! Specifically:
“Develop within our kids, an interest and love for swimming, diving, and tennis; provide training and competitive opportunities for youth of all abilities; celebrate team and individual “personal bests;” and provide a fun, family-friendly,“Gator Pride” atmosphere that builds sportsmanship, character, skills, and friendships.”
- GSSC teams are founded on the belief that age-group competitive swimming, diving, and tennis offer a fun, exciting and worthwhile experience in a young person’s life. They can be learned and enjoyed by those with very little natural ability, as well as those who are of Olympic caliber.
- It is a basic assumption that for an age-group competitive program to succeed, it must encompass and challenge all who participate and it must follow continuous developmental progression. However, its values go far beyond that of learning efficiency in the water and on the tennis courts.
- GSSC is dependent on committed youth, family participation, a dedicated board, and a well-qualified coaching staff. We offer fun, family-friendly, and competitive experiences designed to introduce kids to sports, perhaps for the first time and foster their interest to develop a passion to continue on.
- We understand that not every child will be a world-class swimmer, diver or tennis player. However, every child in our program WILL undoubtedly achieve a “personal best.” We celebrate individual accomplishments as an important part of our team’s success. It is our goal to help all participants know the value of teamwork, practice good sportsmanship, reach personal goals, build character, and improve self-esteem.
What is “Gator Pride?”
“Gator Pride” is what we call our team spirit. It encompasses pride in how we care for our facility, how we conduct ourselves with sportsmanship on the court, both at home and away meet, and how we visibly support our players. It is what unifies our team, establishes our uniqueness from other clubs, and builds a spirited and fun atmosphere for our families and guests.
GSSC also offers dive lessons for kids of all ages.
We invite you to join our GSSC Dive Team and look forward to meeting you! See you at the pool! If you have any questions about joining Dive Team, please contat our Youth Coordinator.
Greetings GSSC Families and Happy Spring!
We are excited to announce that we WILL have a Summer Dive Team season this year! If you’ve never been on the dive team, consider joining us—it’s a lot of fun! You do not have to be an experienced diver to participate. If you enjoy gymnastics, tumbling, flying through the air, or even just doing silly dives off the diving board, join us and have fun with the team! Although we are especially looking for new divers in the older age groups, all are welcome!
2022 Dive Meet Schedule
2022 Dive Team Practice Schedule
Regular Season: 6/20-End of Season
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
8 and 10 & Under – 3:30-4:15
Rest of the Team – 4:15-5:00
8 & Under – 10:30-11:15
10 & Under – 11:15-12:00
Rest of the Team – 12:00-1:15
Note: Coaches will give each age group their assigned times for Monday and Friday when they determine the number of kids.
Dive Team Parent Handbook
The GSSC Dive Team offers a great youth experience. If you and your family are new to this sport, we want to be sure you know what to expect. This handbook is dedicated to answering the most common questions about Dive Team participation and offers helpful suggestions to help you through your first couple of practices and meets. If you have a question that is not covered here, please don’t hesitate to ask any dive team parent, coach, or the GSSC Teams’ Coordinator for help or information.
Dive Team *registration fee is $100.00
Please register online and then submit check to the GSSC office (checks payable to Gregory Seahurst Swim Club).
- Registration fee must be received by the 1st dive meet in order for your child to be eligible to participate on the team.
Dive Team Coaching Staff
Olivia started diving for GSSC when she was 8 years old, winning her first All City Dive championship
when she was a 10 & U. Since then, she has taken first place in All City Dive meets as a 12 & U, 14 & U,
and Senior. Olivia just graduated from Kennedy Catholic and dove (and swam) for Kennedy all four
years. As a diver her senior year at Kennedy she was awarded First Team All League honors, placed
second in Divisions, and 12 th in State. Olivia has a passion for dive and is looking forward to a great dive
team season at GSSC!