2023 Swim & Dive Team suits are available now and available to purchase through May 20. Team suits are not mandatory.
Gregory Seahurst Dive Team
The GSSC Dive team is a fun and competitive summer program in association with the South Seattle Summer Dive League. The summer dive program is always a wonderful opportunity for our youth to get outside and participate in a recreational sport, to learn and practice sportsmanship, to make new friends and spend time with old ones.
What makes GSSC Dive Team so special?
We take great pride in our club and celebrate the individual & team accomplishments for our kids! Specifically:
“Develop within our kids, an interest and love for swimming, diving, and tennis; provide training and competitive opportunities for youth of all abilities; celebrate team and individual “personal bests;” and provide a fun, family-friendly,“Gator Pride” atmosphere that builds sportsmanship, character, skills, and friendships.”
- GSSC teams are founded on the belief that age-group competitive swimming, diving, and tennis offer a fun, exciting and worthwhile experience in a young person’s life. They can be learned and enjoyed by those with very little natural ability, as well as those who are of Olympic caliber.
- It is a basic assumption that for an age-group competitive program to succeed, it must encompass and challenge all who participate and it must follow continuous developmental progression. However, its values go far beyond that of learning efficiency in the water and on the tennis courts.
- GSSC is dependent on committed youth, family participation, a dedicated board, and a well-qualified coaching staff. We offer fun, family-friendly, and competitive experiences designed to introduce kids to sports, perhaps for the first time and foster their interest to develop a passion to continue on.
- We understand that not every child will be a world-class swimmer, diver or tennis player. However, every child in our program WILL undoubtedly achieve a “personal best.” We celebrate individual accomplishments as an important part of our team’s success. It is our goal to help all participants know the value of teamwork, practice good sportsmanship, reach personal goals, build character, and improve self-esteem.
What is “Gator Pride?”
“Gator Pride” is what we call our team spirit. It encompasses pride in how we care for our facility, how we conduct ourselves with sportsmanship on the court, both at home and away meet, and how we visibly support our players. It is what unifies our team, establishes our uniqueness from other clubs, and builds a spirited and fun atmosphere for our families and guests.
GSSC also offers dive lessons for kids of all ages.
We invite you to join our GSSC Dive Team and look forward to meeting you! See you at the pool! If you have any questions about joining Dive Team, please contact our Youth Coordinator.
Greetings GSSC Families and Happy Spring!
We are looking forward to a great season this year! If you’ve never been on the dive team, consider joining us—it’s a lot of fun! You do not have to be an experienced diver to participate. If you enjoy gymnastics, tumbling, flying through the air, or even just doing silly dives off the diving board, join us and have fun with the team! Although we are especially looking for new divers in the older age groups, all are welcome! Please reach out to either our head coach or our dive team coordinator to learn more about our dive team! You can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 Dive Schedule
Please note that the summer dive season is short and fast. Divers and their families should plan to attend ALL meets, including the All City Championships.
June 7th from 6-7pm. – Dive Team Parent Meeting
Preseason Dive Clinics – open to all –
6/17 – Dive clinic
2023 Dive Team Practice Schedule
10:30-11:00: 10&U + Novice 12&U**
11:00-11:30: Novice 8&U*
11:30-12:00: Intermediate 8&U*
12-1: Intermediate 12&U** + 14&U + Seniors
Practice groups will be announced by Friday 6/23.
*For practices on June 19-23, divers in 8&U age groups will be temporarily assigned to one of the two time slots.
**For practices on June 19-23, divers in the 12&U age groups should plan to come to the later time slot if they are able to perform 5 or more dives (not including front and back jumps).
2023 Dive Meet Schedule
Contact Elaine or Coach Emily at email@example.com for more information.
All meets start at 5:30pm unless noted
Home team warm up from 4:30-5pm, away team warm up from 5-5:30pm
Friday July 7 – Away Meet at Arbor Heights
5:00pm – GS warm ups
5:30pm – Meet Start
Friday, July 14 – Home Meet vs. Normandy Park
Note: meet starts one hour earlier than usual.
3:30pm – GS Warm ups
4:30pm – Meet Start
Friday, July 21 – Away Meet at Olympic View
5:00pm – GS Warm ups
5:30pm – Meet Start
Saturday, July 29: SSSDL Championships Meet at Gregory Seahurst
(Top 6 divers in each age/gender qualify)
9:00am – Meet Start
Warm up times: TBA
Dive Team *registration fee is $150.00
Please register online – COMING SOON
- Registration fee must be received by the 1st dive meet in order for your child to be eligible to participate on the team.
Dive Team Coaching Staff
Elaine O’Brien and her husband, Dan, joined the Gregory Seahurst Swim Club in 2016. Their two daughters, Lucy and Emily, both swim and dive for the Gators. Elaine enjoys working out, gardening, traveling, being outside, hanging out with her pool friends, and cheering on all the kids at meets! Please reach out to Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org for any dive team questions.
Coach Emily will be starting her first season at Gregory Seahurst. She grew up swimming and diving in the SSSL and was an assistant coach at Normandy Park for several years. She also has been the head dive coach for the Highline School District for seven years for both girls and boys teams and works for the highline school district as an occupational therapist during the school year. Coach Emily is looking forward to a good season and continuing to grow and build the dive team community at Gregory Seahurst.
Maggie is a graduating Senior from Seattle Academy of Arts and Sciences. She has been a member of Gregory Seahurst since the age of seven, participating in both the swim and dive teams. During high school, she competed as a varsity swimmer and diver at her local public school, qualifying for state for dive in all years applicable. Maggie will soon be graduating from Seattle Academy and pursuing higher education, but before that, she’s excited to be a part of the team!